Registration for all courses is through Skillport.
Download the schedule of available course dates (pdf)
Want fresh ideas about how to get your students more engaged? Interested in building your own online course? Join us at a training session or workshop!
- Blackboard Learn is where you'll find workshops related to the Blackboard (Bb) Learn learning management system. If you haven't yet used Bb Learn, to get the best overview of the platform we advise you to start with the Basics class and then sign up for further workshops including Communities, Grade Center, Rubrics & Assignments, SafeAssign and Tests & Quizzes.
Blackboard Learn Basics
If you are new to Bb Learn, this course will give you the best overview of the platform.
You've got an empty Blackboard Learn course area...now what? Join us for this informative session and learn how Bb tools can help you create interactive, collaborative learning opportunities, on campus or online. We will show you how to create, upload and edit content, including a review of the feature-rich content editor. Well also suggest valuable ideas, short cuts, and tips designed to save you time and energy managing your online class. Sign up today!
Sign-up for a Blackboard Basics training
Blackboard Learn Communities
Everyone's talking about "student engagement" but it's not always easy to figure out what will work best for your classroom. This session reviews Blackboard's community-building tools, including discussions, wikis, blogs, and web conferencing. Join us for this informative session!
Sign-up for a Blackboard Communities training
Blackboard Learn Grade Center
Don't wait until grades are due! Join us for this review of Blackboard's Grade Center. We'll explain different setup options, show how to grade and comment on student work, and demonstrate how to use the electronic rubric. There is also a review of informative reports, including students' "My Grades".
Sign-up for a Blackboard Grade Center training
Blackboard Learn Rubrics & Assignments
Save time and energy with electronic rubrics! We'll walk you through the steps to create a rubric and associate it with various Blackboard assessments. Electronic rubrics reduce grading fatigue and ensure more consistent judging criteria, whether you're reviewing the first or the hundredth essay! Sign up today and learn how to make grading more efficient. Please note that this session does NOT address TurnItIn. This session reviews Blackboard-based assignments and how to use an electronic rubric to make grading more effective and efficient.
Sign-up for a Blackboard Rubrics & Assignments training
Blackboard Learn SafeAssign
SafeAssign is a powerful tool that can detect the similarities between student written submissions and other sources. Even in large classes, you can provide richer, more meaningful feedback to students. Join us at this informative session about how to use Safe Assign in your course.
Sign-up for a Blackboard SafeAssign training
Blackboard Learn Tests & Quizzes
Online quizzes and exams can help faculty be more efficient and save time, especially in larger classes. Join us for this review of Blackboard's full array of powerful question formats. We'll explain setting options that allow you to precisely control and manage delivery of online assessments, as well as demonstrate importing questions from other sources and building question banks.
Sign-up for a Blackboard Tests & Quizzes training
- General University Classroom These sessions provide an introduction to the equipment available to instructors in the General University Classrooms (GUCs).
This session provides an introduction to the equipment available to instructors in the General University Classrooms (GUCs). Please note the location of each training as they rotate around campus depending on the availability of rooms.
Sign-up for a GUC training
- Educational Technology Tools provides training for a wide range of great tools to support your teaching activities whether you teach online, face-to-face, or hybrid courses. Tools: Panopto (Lecture Capture), Collaborate Ultra (Webconferencing) and Video Conferencing.
- Technology Test Kitchen includes workshops and training sessions that feature tools on the cutting edge of teaching innovation. Relocated to The Spark 102.
Technology Test Kitchen Events
The Technology Test Kitchen was created by the WSU Provosts Office and Academic Outreach and Innovation to help staff and faculty try out the latest educational technologies in a supportive environment. Register for any of these events through Skillsoft.
- Free & Easy: Student Engagement Tools
Stop by and explore a diversity of tools that can be used to engage your students in creative ways.
Tuesday Aug 29 at 1:00 p.m. in SPRK 102
Wednesday Oct 25 at 11:00 a.m. in SPRK 102 or via webinar
- Quick & Clean: Quick Response Solutions
Come check out the quick response solutions that other WSU faculty have found great success in implementing into their courses.
Wednesday Sept 13 at 11:00 a.m. in SPRK 102
Tuesday Nov 28 at 1:00 p.m. in SPRK 102 or via webinar
- For the Record: Screen Capture Solutions
Come learn about screen capture solutions that can supplement your courses by providing asynchronous content to your students.
Tuesday Sept 26 at 1:00 p.m. in SPRK 102
Wednesday Nov 8 at 11:00 a.m. in SPRK 102 or via webinar
- Make Way for Design: Makerspace Tools
Learn about the diversity of makerspace tools hosted in The Sparks design studio and how they can be used in your courses to provide students with a hands-on experience.
Thursday Oct 12 at 1:00 p.m. in SPRK 102
Wednesday Dec 6 at 1:00 p.m. in SPRK 102 or via webinar
Sign up for Technology Test Kitchen classes here!
- Active Learning includes trainings and workshops that address diverse technologies and pedagogies associated with active learning.
Active Learning Classroom Training
These workshops provide an introduction to the equipment available to instructors in the Active Learning Classrooms on the Pullman campus. They address a diversity of technologies and pedagogies associated with student centered active learning. These classrooms include Bryan 404 and classrooms in The Spark, formerly Digital Classroom Building (DCB).
Sign-up for an Active Learning Classroom training here.
- Faculty-Led Workshops Hear from your colleagues about teaching innovations, concerns and challenges. Come away with practical strategies, ideas and tips. Topics vary.
Learn more and register for faculty-led workshops
Access the faculty-led workshop livestream
If you don't see what you want, please let us know! Send an email to Bradley Clark, email@example.com, and tell us what topic you're interested in or the teaching issue you'd like to address.